High End – Average main dish price around $15
· Graffiti Restaurant and Wine Bar – Great wine list and entrees such as a coffee crusted filet mignon and seared tuna filet with Cajun or teriyaki spices. They also have tapas such as gourmet sliders.
· Pili Pili – French chef with phenominal cuisine. Highlights include mussels in a white wine/onion sauce, filet mignon and crème brule.
· Lemon Zest – Chef from Florida who has a great gourmet menu that includes fish, steak, chicken, duck and veggie dishes.
· Wahoo’s – Well rounded menu with excellent sauces for every dish. Try the Caribbean style fish.
· Inka Grill – Peruvian food at its best. Located 5 minutes north of Jaco in the Lighthouse Center where the supermarket Auto Mercado can be found.
· Lanterna – Italian food with great atmosphere. Located 15 minutes north in the marina at the Los Suenos Marriott Resort. Find a table upstairs on the balcony or on the waterfront.
· Bamboo – Asian fusion cuisine with a sushi bar as well. Also located in the marina at the Los Suneos Marriott Resort.
Mid-Range – Average dish around $8
· Wishbone – Local favorite. Wide range of food from pizzas to pitas to salads. They have a few specialty dishes like their tuna poki bowl and chicken in oyster sauce that are a little more costly but worth the price.
· Peccati di Gola – Reasonably priced Italian food.
· The Wok – Stir fry with lots of fresh veggies.
· Taco Bar – Fish tacos and a lot more with excellent salad bar.
· Los Amigos – Good burgers and wraps. Also ask for their 2 for 1 smoothies.
Local and affordable – Average dish around $4
· Soda Garabito – Hugely popular and a lot like Rustico but less greasy. I like to go here for breakfast where they will prepare eggs anyway you want with sides of gallo pinto, home made tortillas and salad for $3.
· Soda Isaga – Located just across the street from the Paradise condos, this local restaurant and bar has great rice with chicken and seafood soup.
· Big Ron’s – Pizza by the slice.
· Pachi’s Pan – The most popular baker in town. Try the empanadas with chicken.